Terms and Conditions
1. Inkling writing studio (“we”, “us” or “our”) is a creative writing studio for parents and guardians (“you”) to enrol their child/children (“your child”) to participate in creative writing classes and workshops.
2. By registering your child or children in an Inkling writing studio workshop you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
3. Enrolment:Enrolment is on a first come first served basis. Places in our programs are only confirmed upon receipt of full payment of fees. All fees, once paid, are non-refundable. However, in the event that a workshop that has been paid for is cancelled by us, a full refund will be provided. Make-up classes will not be provided. Scheduled workshop times may change without notice and all reasonable efforts will be made to contact you prior to the start time in the event of such change.
4. Refusal or termination of enrolment:We reserve the right to refuse or terminate enrolment to any child who demonstrates a disciplinary problem, a threat or risk of harm to themselves or others or disrupts the learning or experience for other participants. No refund will be provided.
5. Working with children:The workshop leader and all staff and contractors possess a current Working with Children check.
6. Personal property:You acknowledge that we are not responsible for any personal property you or your child may bring onto the workshop premises, and we will not be liable for any loss or damage to
such property. For this reason, we recommend
that your child does not bring any valuables to workshops.
7. Lost or damaged work:You acknowledge that we are not responsible for any lost or damaged student work. It is the responsibility of your child to take any work with them at the end of the workshop. Any work left behind may be disposed of.
8. Food and drink: Your child may consume water and snacks prior to the commencement of each workshop, and in the snack/lunch breaks of holiday workshops, but not during the workshops. Your child must not share food unless they have been given permission by a parent/guardian.
9. Photography: We may take photographs of students during our workshops and publish them for use on our website, social media pages, or for other business and promotional purposes. You grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide right to use any part of your child’s involvement in the workshops including photographs, films, sound recordings or any other digital recording of your child for business and promotional purposes. If you do not want your child to be photographed or filmed, please inform us upon enrolment. If at any time you request that we remove any images of your child or their work, we will do so at our earliest convenience.
10.Emergencies:If you or the person you nominate as your child’s emergency contact cannot be contacted in the case of illness or accident, you authorise us to seek any medical, hospital or ambulance services as we see fit and you agree to meet all expenses that are incurred. The workshop leaders are qualified to perform basic first aid. You are required to inform us of any medical issues including allergies affecting your child and you must ensure that relevant medications are brought with your child to each workshop (e.g. asthma pumps and or epipens).
12.Drop off and pick up policy. Your child should arrive for a workshop within 5 minutes of the scheduled start time, and should be picked up by you no later than 10 minutes after the end time.
Your child is only supervised by us for the duration of the workshop. You understand that as a parent/guardian you are required to supervise your child before and after each workshop, and drop off and collect them from the workshop location. Please come inside to collect your child as they will not be allowed to leave the premises unsupervised.
13.Limitation of liability.Without excluding, restricting or modifying the rights and remedies to which you may be entitled under the Australian Consumer Law or our liabilities under those provisions, we are not liable to you for any cost incurred or loss or liability you suffer in any way in relation to your child’s participation in the workshops. This includes personal injury and property damage. We exclude all other implied terms and warranties, whether statutory or otherwise, relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions.